Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer for the Team RWB 5K/10K. Volunteers are an essential part of ensuring an exciting and successful race. Volunteer hours will vary depending upon the area which is assigned.
The Team RWB 5K/10K is full of exciting and diverse opportunities for volunteers including:
• Conduct runner registration and distribute shirts, gift bags, safety pins, and race bibs.
• Manage stations along the course and provide participants with water.
• Monitor course for safety issues and direct participants through the course
• Assist with promotional events and help vendors in the post-race area.
Finish Line Water Station
• Assist with distribution of water to participants at the finish area
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why volunteer for the Team RWB 5K/10K Team RWB 5K/10K?
Join Team RWB to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through the 5K/10K. The event offers an array of opportunities for volunteers.
What do I receive for volunteering?
Each volunteer will receive:
• An official Team RWB 5K/10K Team event shirt
• Refreshments upon the conclusion of the race
What are the requirements I need to fulfill as a volunteer?
Volunteers must be willing to work the day of the event during the hours for the area you are volunteering for. While experience in running, walking, or cycling events is beneficial, it is certainly not required. Even if you have no experience in racing, we encourage you to come and join us in supporting this great cause.
When will I find out what my schedule will be?
Once the registration deadline has passed we will be appointing a committee chairperson to each specific assignment. Your chairperson will inform you (via email or phone) of your event schedule and duties.
When do I receive my official volunteer shirt?
Volunteer shirts will be distributed the morning of the event at the volunteer check-in area. We ask that you please arrive early in order to expedite this process and keep the event running smoothly.
Can I be assigned to volunteer with a friend or family member who is also volunteering?
Volunteers may indicate their preferences to work with their friends or family members on the application. Whenever possible, such special requests will be accommodated. Please make sure to indicate any special requests on the Volunteer Application.